How to fix BACKUPBUFFER Wait Types?
What is BACKUPBUFFER Wait Type
- Add additional IO bandwidth to accommodate the load.
- Balancing IO across other drives. If you are running your backups on same drive in which you have placed your database files. Make sure to keep separate drive for data, log and backups.
- Reducing Disk IO pressure with appropriate indexing. This can cause major performance issue if you don’t have proper indexes.
- Check for bad query plans that are consuming most of resources.
- Check memory pressure if your server has enough memory to run resource extensive operations.
Latest posts by Manvendra Deo Singh (see all)
- Understanding Hybrid Buffer Pool in SQL Server - December 30, 2018
- Fix:VIEW SERVER STATE permission was denied on object ‘server’, database ‘master’ - August 30, 2018
- SQL Server Error 5184: Cannot use file ‘I:\Path\Techyaz.mdf’ for clustered server - August 29, 2018